Starts February 19, 2018 and ends on April 22, 2018.
How to Enter:
To enter, simply go to crackacookie.com and click on the link to enter the Crack-A-Cookie Online Contest. No purchase necessary. Submit your name, complete address, telephone number (including area code) and e-mail address in accordance with the website directions and you will be entered automatically.
Grand Prize Draw
A. There is 1 Grand Prize available, consisting of a trip for 2 to Asia (Total Value = $8000.00 CDN) which allows the winner to choose one of the designated trip packages. The grand prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash.
Option 1: Thailand
Option 2: Vietnam
Option 3: India
Additional Draw Prizes
B. (2) Wok Box for a Year includes 1 regular rice or noodle box & a spring roll combo every week for 52 weeks ($780.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
C. (1) Garmin Fitness Watch ($200.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
D. (2) Ultimate Ears Bluetooth Speakers ($129.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
E. (4) Gas Card ($50.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
F. (6) S’Well Bottle ($45.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
G. (2) Pineapple Pool Float ($33.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
H. (4) Herschel Packable Duffel Bag ($29.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
I. (6) Portable Camping Hammock ($19.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
J. (35) Wok Box Gift Cards ($25.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
Social Media Press
K. (3) Wok Box for a Year includes 1 regular rice or noodle box & a spring roll combo every week for 52 weeks ($780.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. Entries shall be limited to one per person and/or e-mail address. Instant Food Prizes: Winning contest cookie fortunes consist of the following prizes and values in CAD: (i) Regular Noodle Box, ARV=$11.99; (ii) Fountain Beverage, ARV = $2.39; (iii) Spring Roll Sidekick, ARV = $5.99, (iv) Combos, ARV = $3.99; (v) $2 Off, ARV = $2
The Contest Draw:
One prize will be drawn and announced on the Wok Box Facebook page daily during the contest period (Feb 19 – April 22). A random selection of one grand prize will be made at the end of the promotion period on May 1, 2018 in Surrey, B.C. at 10:00 a.m. (PST). Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time.
The WB Franchising Limited / Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen (hereinafter shall be known as “Wok Box”) shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof in a form satisfactory to Wok Box may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Wok Box for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Wok Box reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
The odds of being selected as a potential winner depends on the total number of entries received during the contest period.
The contest is limited to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) only. All entries become the property of Wok Box. To be eligible to win a prize, claimant must be of age of majority within their place of residence.
Multiple entries are permitted, but once you win a draw prize, you are no longer eligible to win the grand prize.
If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by phone and email after 3 attempts within 30 days of any respective draw date, or does not meet all of the contest conditions, then the entrant forfeits any prize. Each person / household / address / e-mail address is only eligible to win one prize for the contest.
Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of Wok Box, and Wok Box franchisees are not eligible to participate. Employees of Wok Box franchisees as described in this paragraph are limited to those employees, who are providing services in any way to the Wok Box Store. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
All entries become the property of Wok Box, which assumes no responsibility for lost entries or for any failure of the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Wok Box on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof. Wok Box reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or suspend the contest should a virus, “bug” or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Wok Box corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest.
Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Wok Box reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. In the event of a dispute between entrants as to who submitted an entry, the entry shall be deemed submitted by an “authorized e-mail account holder” and entries will be declared made by the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized e-mail account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be requested to provide Contest Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the potentially winning entry.
By entering the contest, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent contest organization, which are final. By entering this contest, entrants agree that in the event they are the winning entry for any given contest period, Wok Box can use their name, voice and/or photograph in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Wok Box, without further remuneration except where required by law.
Should it be discovered that an entrant is using the aid of computer software programs to auto-fill entries, that entrant will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all such entrants from future contests conducted by the Sponsor without further notice.
If due to an error, there are more claims for prizes than prizes, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes through a random drawing of eligible prize claims.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the contest at any time, if it determines that for any reason the contest cannot be run as originally planned or if there is any other occurrence compromising the fairness or integrity of the contest.
Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. Void wherever prohibited by law.
SPONSOR’S ADDRESS: c/o #106 – 19353 22nd Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA V3Z 3S6 Attn: Marketing Department
All entrants, as a condition of entry, agree to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Except where prohibited by law, by entering a Giveaway, each entrant consents to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, likeness and biographical data and/ or any other information contained in his/her entry in advertising, promotional and marketing materials by Sponsor and the Sponsor Affiliates without additional compensation, which may require, without limitation, winner to appear in person on a television, radio or Internet broadcast. In addition, by entering, all entrants, except where prohibited by law, consent to being photographed, filmed, taped and/or interviewed about the Giveaway. In connection therewith, all entrants grant full permission and consent to Sponsor and the Sponsor Affiliates to utilize any of the results of such photographing, filming, taping and/or interviewing in any and all media now known or hereafter devised and hereby release Sponsor and the Sponsor Affiliates from all liability related thereto.
Winners may be required to sign, have notarized and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ve (5) days of receipt of such document(s) or Prize will be forfeited. All Prize claims and winner materials will be verified by Giveaway judges. If this Giveaway is not capable of running as planned, including, because of any infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control which corrupts or threatens to corrupt or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify this Giveaway and Sponsor can perform the random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, suspension or modification of the Giveaway.
Limitation on Liability
Winner, by acceptance of any Prize, agrees to release Sponsor and its Affiliates from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of any Prize or while traveling to and from a location to obtain or use any Prize. Neither Sponsor nor the Sponsor Affiliates make any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any Prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither Sponsor nor the Sponsor Affiliates are responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by Sponsor or the Sponsor Affiliates, the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Giveaway and which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this Giveaway. Sponsor can modify these official rules in any way or at any time, as long as Sponsor gives reasonable notice.
In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an e-mail entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS; AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT OR OTHER PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING SEEKING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
HOW TO PLAY
1. TO PLAY: Commencing on or about February 19, 2018, customers at participating Wok Box locations in Canada may receive specially prepared Wok Box Fortune Cookies, while supplies last. Revealed inside the cookie will be a “WIN” or “Try Again” message. A “WIN” message will describe the specific food prize available to be won. To claim your prize, refer to instructions which follow, but to be eligible; all prize claims must be received by April 30, 2018.
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY
3. CONTEST COOKIES
A total of 400,000 contest cookies have been produced for this contest. These will be available for distribution through April 22, 2018 or while supplies last, whichever occurs rst. Contest cookies are distributed throughout Canada in the following regions:
Atlantic Provinces (excluding Labrador)
4. PRIZES AVAILABLE
Grand Prize: A) 1 Trip for 2 to Asia. Approximate retail value in Canada is estimated at $8,000 after applicable taxes. Option 1: Thailand, Option 2: Vietnam, Option 3: India
Additional Draw Prizes: B) (2) Wok Box for a Year ($780.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. C) (1) Garmin Fitness Watch ($200.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. D) (2) Ultimate Ears Bluetooth Speakers ($129.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. E) (4) Gas Card ($50.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. F) (2) Pineapple Pool Float ($33.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. G) (4) Herschel Packable Duffel ($29.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. H) (6) S’Well Bottle ($45.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. (I) (6) Portable Camping Hammock ($19.99 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes. (J) (35) Wok Box Gift Card ($25.00 CDN ARV)
Social Media Prizes: (K) (3) Wok Box for a Year includes a gift card for 1 regular rice or noodle box & 1 spring roll combo purchase for 52 weeks ($780.00 CDN ARV) before applicable taxes.
Food Prizes: “Winning” Cookies are for the following prizes and have the following approximate values:
(i) Regular Noodle Box at: $11.99 CDN or (ii) Combo at $3.99 CDN or (iii) Spring Roll Sidekick at $5.99 CDN or (iv) Fountain Beverage at $2.39. (v) $2 O . Total ARV is $1,237,600.00 CDN before applicable taxes.
Total estimated retail value of all prizes is $1,249,272.60 CDN.
All estimated retail values do not include applicable goods and services tax, provincial, or sales taxes. Winners are not required to pay such taxes upon receipt of the prize.
The regional allocation of the prizes as set out above is an estimate only, based on anticipated cookie distribution per region. Actual allocation of cookies may vary depending on contest cookie consumption. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for cookies which are lost, stolen, mutilated, destroyed or not distributed.
6. All prizes will be awarded to winners by WB Franchising Limited / Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen.
ODDS OF WINNING
7. At the outset: the overall approximate odds across all Regions of being eligible to win the Trip for 2 to Asia or additional prizes depends on the total number of online entries received during the contest period; the overall approximate odds of being eligible to win a food prize are 1 in 2.
NOTE: The odds of obtaining an eligible “winning” cookie will vary by Region based on cookie distribution outlined above and will change throughout the contest as specially marked contest cookies are distributed and sold in each Region. The total number of prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the contest as contest cookies are distributed and prizes are claimed.
8. Contest commences on or about February 19, 2018. To be eligible, Cookie prize claims must be received by April 30, 2018. Contest cookies are available at each participating store through April 22, 2018 or while supplies last, whichever occurs first.
9. Liability for irregular, illegible or blank contest tabs is limited to replacement of cookie while supplies last. If, due to a production or printing error or other unforeseen error, there are more prize claims than prizes for any level, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes for that level through a random drawing of all eligible prize claims for that level. It is not likely to have an irregular, illegible or blank Cookie, but should it occur, it could only be for a mass produced prize of food prizes or “Sorry, not a winner” message in the cookie. If this should occur, return the irregular, illegible or blank cookie fortune (see Rule 2 for address) and it will be replaced with a new contest cookie while supplies last.
10. The printing in the cookie fortune slip for various prizes will be printed as follows in various combinations: “YOU WIN A FREE FOUNTAIN BEVERAGE” ; “YOU WIN A FREE REGULAR NOODLE BOX”; “YOU WIN A FREE SPRING ROLL SIDEKICK”; “YOU WIN A FREE FOUNTAIN DRINK & 2 SPRING ROLLS”; “$2 OFF ANY BOX”. All remaining contest cookies will be printed: “Sorry, not a winner.”
11. Prize claimant must be a resident of Canada. To be eligible to claim a prize, prize claimants must have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence or in the event a person under the age of majority wins the Grand Prize, they are permitted to transfer the prize to their parent or legal guardian, who will then be the eligible entrant.
12. Employees of, members of the immediate family of, or those domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, Wok Bok Fresh Asian Kitchen, and their affiliated and related companies, Wok Box franchisees, and the cookie suppliers are not eligible to participate. Employees of Wok Box franchisees as described in this paragraph are limited to those employees who are providing services in any way to the Wok Box. “Immediate family” is defined as parents, siblings, children or spouse.
13. By participating in this contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Contest Sponsor and the independent contest organization, which are final. Without limitation, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to administer skill-testing question as it deems appropriate to address discrimination issues.
14. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not convertible to cash. Winning cookies are not transferable or convertible to cash. Prizes may not be exactly as shown in promotional materials. In case of unavailability of any prize or for any other reason and in Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
15. Each winner will be notified by and will receive their prize from WB Franchising Limited / Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen. All prize claims become the property of the Contest Sponsor and no correspondence will be entered into except with potential winners. By participating in this contest, contest winners are deemed to have consented to the disclosure of their personal information to prize suppliers for the limited purpose of delivery of prizes and registration for warranty purposes.
16. By claiming a prize, prize claimants consent to the use of their name and/or photograph, and/or place of residence, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor.
17. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, misdirected or postage-due rule requests, cup requests, or prize claims.
18. By accepting a prize, winners release Contest Sponsor, WB Franchising Limited, Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen and their affiliated and related companies, Wok Box franchisees, the prize suppliers, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, including, without limitation, their advertising and promotional agencies and the independent contest organizations (“Releasees”), from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize and acknowledge that the Releasees have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
19. Where applicable, contest sponsor reserves the right to publically award prizes to the Wok Box store where the cookie was originally received.
HOW TO CLAIM A FOOD PRIZE
20. Before you are officially declared a winner, participants must first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question and together with their eligible “winning” Cookie, present it to a participating WOK BOX store for verification. Upon verification of the cookie, a food prize will be awarded.
21. PLEASE NOTE: A winning cookie prize may be redeemed on next in-store visit (dine in or take out only). No cash alternative will be made available. A food prize claim may not be used in conjunction with any other deal, combo or offer. A food prize claim cannot be used on online orders or deliveries. Food prize claims are limited to one per person per visit. Food prizes may not be used to substitute a previously purchased item. All prize claims must be received by the end of the business day on or before April 30, 2018. Claims received after April 30, 2018, are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
HOW TO CLAIM THE TRIP FOR 2 TO ASIA / Wok Box for a Year / Garmin Fitness Watch / Ultimate Ears Bluetooth Speaker / $50 Gas Card / Pineapple Pool Float / Herschel Packable Duffel Bag / S’Well Bottle / Portable Camping Hammock / $25 Wok Box Gift Card
22. The potential winner will be notified by Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen by May 31, 2018. Upon notification, the potential winner will submit PRIZE CLAIM FORM.
PRIZE CLAIM FORM can be sent to: “#106 – 19353 22nd Avenue, Surrey, BC CANADA V3Z 3S6”
In order to be declared a winner, you must have correctly answered a skill-testing question. Upon receipt of your completed Prize Claim Form, the contest organizations will verify your prize claim and mail out your prize.
Contest Sponsor: WB Franchising Limited / Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen.